Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dallas Trip

Right before we were supposed to go to Dallas Taylor shared his lovely cold with his sister and with me. I was pretty tired of being covered in snot by then end of the cold!!! Taylor's nose is still runny and Kami still has a bit of a cough, but other than that we are pretty much well. Taylor is feeling much better because he is back to terrorizing his sister. LOL!

The drive down to Dallas was OK until we hit Ft. Worth. OH.MY.GOODNESS. It was insane!!!! It was raining cats and dogs and people were driving like idiots and we passed 3 or 4 major wrecks. It took us TWO HOURS to get from Ft. Worth to Plano. The kids both woke up about half way during that mess and Taylor pretty much cried from the time he woke up until we got out at the hotel. Or actually until we got out at the wrong hotel b/c I got confused about which Marriott we were staying at. So we loaded the kids back up, Taylor screaming and kicking, of course, and drove around getting lost until we found our way to the correct Marriott. We stayed in the Legacy Town Center and it was very nice there, like a little village. We walked to a few restaurants and down to the pond with a waterfall, the kids loved that, and it was just very nice.

Meeting up with my friends was awesome! I like them even more after meeting them in person which is always a good thing! :D I got some great pictures! I may post some of just my family another day. I'm too lazy to go upload them right now. ;) Anyway, we went to a couple of malls and to Ikea and had lots of fun just being together. Plus I got to shop at a Hanna Andersson store!! Whoo hoo! I got a few things for Kami off the sale rack and a hat for Taylor. Then I shopped at Janie and Jack and got Kami a sweet, sweet dress with a cardigan that is just, well...sweet. :) It is really precious and was almost worth the trip to Dallas. OK, so not really, but it is a really cute dress and cardi! Then I hit Baby Gap and got Taylor a couple of shirts and a baseball cap. He loves his hats!

The trip home was not so good. It was llllooooonnnnnggggg and the kids were not so cooperative. They were tired and hadn't eaten well the entire trip and were just out of sorts. So I sat in the back between the two car seats for way too many hours and tried to ply them with food, drinks and activities. We made it to Abilene without too many incidents, but from there home it was pure torture for everyone. Tim was having a hard time staying awake and focused and I was ready to chop my ears off from listening to all the whining and crying coming from my kids. As soon as we pulled into the drive way Kami started yelling for joy! She was soooo happy to be home and she ran to her room and did a little dance and it was hysterical! She really missed our house. :) Taylor was still a fussy boy until Tim picked up Chloe (our crazy jack russell/mutt) from Petsmart. He loves that crazy dog and they chased each other around the house for at least 15 or 20 minutes. He laughed and laughed and laughed!

So that was our adventure. Oh, I forgot to mention just one tiny thing. Taylor was on antibiotics for his ear infection and then getting the cold on top of that have made his diapers disgusting. Plus we weren't at home were I could feed him a BRATY (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, and yogurt) diet so we went through over half a pack of diapers in 4 days!! Good thing I brought the whole pack and two bricks of wipes! His poor bum has a horrible, horrible rash on it. It is healing but taking soooo long since I keep having to change his diapers. Just for reference (cuz I know you want to know all of this!) he poops at least 5 times a day, sometimes 8 times. Well when he is sick, it goes up from there! Every time I turn around he's telling me he is poopy. I never thought I would be relieved to only have to change 5 poopy diapers a day!!! LOLOL!

And on that lovely note, I'll wish you a happy hump day!

No comments: