Tuesday, August 26, 2008

No sleep = a very cranky mama!!!

How on earth did I survive my kids being newborns? I was up for a few hours with Taylor last night and I STRUGGLED today. I mean I am barely functioning. Lots of t.v. for the kids and lots of caffiene for the mama! Thank goodness for my wonderful husband who came home and took over. He's the bestest!

Poor Taylor picked up a cold somewhere (probably at the dr.'s office) and so on top of having a nasty ear infection he now has a nasty cold. He is sneezing (you know the kind where the baby sneezes and the snot hangs down to their chin? yeah, it's not pretty) and his eyes are watering and he just looks pitiful.

I tried to start packing today for our trip to Dallas this weekend. Fortunately Tim took Thursday off and we aren't leaving until Friday so I can get some stuff done then, too. I folded an enormous basket of clothes and barely made a dent in my laundry pile. At least it's clean!! I have to pack in secret b/c Kami knows what suitcases/travel bags are for. "Are we going on a trip? On an airplane? Awww! In the car?! I don't want to go in the car. I want to go on the airplane. Can I watch a movie in the car? What movie can I watch? Is Taylor going to watch the movie? When are we going to leave? What day is Friday? Is today Friday? What day is today? How many days until Friday? Is Granny going with us? Is it Friday yet? Who are we going to stay with? Will there be other kids there? Is it Friday yet? Are you going to ride in the back with us? Is it far away where we are going? Is it Friday yet?" etc, etc, etc. So I'm going to try to keep it a secret until Thursday evening. I have to prepare her a little and give her some time to ask her questions, but I just don't want to deal with three days of questions that will be repeated over and over again. :)

2 comments:

Denae said...

ha...that is so funny about all the questions. I can't wait for Will to talk. :)

Christi said...

Is it Friday yet? hahahah...I am not totally not nice, for someone who has been there, I am chucking to my self, but not laughing at you. Hope Taylor feels better.