Friday, August 22, 2008

Tubes

Taylor was screaming in pain most of Wednesday night unless one of us held him and then started running fever and was cranky Thursday morning. Then Thursday evening he was happy and went to bed fine, but seeing as how I have been down this road before, I went ahead and called to make him a doctor's appointment. He was fussy all this morning and super clingy and running fever. So we went to the doctor and guess what??? He has ANOTHER ear infection. *sigh* Poor kid. This makes his 5th one since January and we have already had a consult with the ENT so I am awaiting a call back to schedule his surgery for tubes. It will kind of be a relief except for the cotton in his ears for bath. Hmm that might get interesting. Anyway, Kami had a raging ear infection last summer (um, yes, when we had a newborn--lovely, right?) and it lasted through 3 rounds of antibiotics. Tim finally took her to the ER on a Tuesday morning because she was in constant pain and she had tubes put in on Thursday morning. By Friday she was a new kid so it was totally worth getting them done. She went a little crazy after the surgery, but that's a whole different post. ;)

So I am sad that my baby is in pain yet again, but I'm glad he will finally get some relief with the tubes. Please say a prayer that the shot he got today works wonders for him and that we can get him an appointment soonfor the tubes!!

3 comments:

Christi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christi said...

Try # 2...Gray had tubes put in his ears right before he turned 2 and he was a compeltly different child afterward. BIG hugs to you. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

Denae said...

Yikes!!! I hope he feels better soon!