Monday, August 25, 2008

Tube date and meal planning

Taylor now has an appointment for Thursday, Sept 18th to get his tubes put in. Thankfully my mom is going to be here to take Kami to school and all that day. I'm glad Tim and I don't have to choose who would stay with Taylor and who would go with Kami. Taylor is going to want me but I don't think I will be able to handle him if he goes crazy like Kami did after she woke up from the surgery. She went absolutely bananas, but doesn't remember any of it. I guess that is common, or at least not uncommon. So I kind of expect the same with Taylor.

Anyway, now I'm sitting here trying to plan my meals for the week so that we will have enough food that I won't have to go shopping again right after we get back from Dallas. If you have any easy meals you want to send my way, feel free!!! I know hotdogs aren't that great in the nutrition area, but when they are $.89 and then the buns are another $.89 and both my kids will eat, they make a great meal. ;) Oh, if you need any Cokes, they are 4 for $9 at Market Street right now! Hard to beat that deal! Yes, Cokes and hotdogs....the staples of a healthy household. *eyeroll*

My kids are fighting over the bouncy zebra so I guess I better go mediate. The joys of parenthood, right??

4 comments:

Christi said...

I know I am totally lacking in the domestic area but PLEASE let me return the favor and bring you guys dinner one night. I have an easy meal idea...It's called Chick-fil-a. totally kidding, sorta :) ! I am making a chicken and rice casserole tonight, totally easy, not sure how healthy but it has veggies and I am using the lower fat and sodium cream of chick soup. We shall see how it turns out!

mandal said...

Good luck with the tubes:) Averi had them put in and never had any problems after that! If you need anything let me know:)

Jamie said...

I'm not sure what's up, but today ALL of your posts showed up! I've only seen your first post until today! Shew - All caught up! I hope everything goes great with the tubes... You've been there before, so it will help some, right? Please let me know if I can do anything for you, ok? :) Love your Denae pics and I hate laundry, too...

Jamie said...

2 EASY MEALS:

Crock-Chicken:
1 can Rotel
2 cans Diced Tomatoes
Packet of Taco Seasoning (can use the chicken taco seasoning)
4 chicken breasts (I use boneless/skinless and put them in frozen)

Put it all (except chicken) in the crock, mix it up well and add chicken. Cook 4 hours on high (6-8 on low). May need to add water half way through, if dry. Serve with brown rice and bread, or roll it in tortillas!

Light King Ranch Casserole:
2-3 cooked and chopped chicken breasts (I cheat and use a rotisserie chicken from MktSt!)
1 can cream of mushroom (98% fat free)
1 can cream of chicken (98% fat free)
1 can Rotel
Small can of diced green chilies (optional)
2 cups reduced fat shredded cheese
6-8 corn tortillas (torn in pieces)

Heat chicken/soups/tomatoes/chilies over medium heat in a skillet until smooth. Spray casserole dish and layer 1/2 of the tortillas at the bottom, then 1/2 of the mixture, 1/2 cheese. Repeat. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until bubbling. (Can split into 2 8x8 pans and freeze?? I think?? Don't know why not!!)

Hope these help!