Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bible study

Last night we had our second Bible study on the book of I Corinthians. It was amazing!! I love getting together with my friends and discussing God's Word. The fact that the Bible was written so long ago and still applies to the struggles I face daily is proof that God has had a plan for us and for ME from the beginning of time. I won't profess to know or understand all of what I read in the Bible. Far from it actually, but I feel that if I'm willing, God opens up new things for me to discover each time I study. Because I grew up going to church, I have a lot of general knowledge, but I never have taken the time to do in depth study of His Word besides during my AIM time. I Corithians (and Hebrews) talks about being ready for the spiritual meat instead of staying on the milk. I think I have been taking the milk road for way too long and it's time to get my teeth into the meat.