Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I love my kids. :)

My kids are my true joy in this crazy life. I have really been enjoying them lately even more than I normally do. Kami is so passionate about everything. She has been that way since she was born and I think it will continue for her whole life. She is either happy, happy, happy or NOT happy at all. It used to frustrate me b/c I thought it was my fault that she was so unhappy sometimes. But now I know it is just part of who she is and I need to help her find a way to better express her anger than throwing fits and screaming and crying. Because she is so passionate, she is such a loving girl. She randomly gives me hugs and tells me that she loves me all the time. It makes my heart swell with love and pride to hear her tell Taylor that she loves him and that she will take care of him forever. So sweet! And she does take good care of him! Yesterday he really wanted to get his shoes and socks off after we came home from the grocery store but wasn't having much success. I was going to help him after I got the groceries put away, but when I peeked into the living room to check on him, Kami was sitting on the floor with him taking off his shoes and socks. It was sooooo adorable! She does stuff like that for him all the time. Oh, and she has started trying to teach him that is wrong to do things. The last week or so I will hear her say something like, "Do you want me to spit (or hit) you?" "No," says Taylor, which is his response to most things these days. "Then don't spit at me!" She says it in a very patient voice and is pretty nice about it and it just makes me smile to hear it. :) Kami is very into princesses and other pretend play. I think she always has a running dialog in her head and sometimes I get to hear some of it when she is playing house or something with her Little People. She loves baby dolls and we have a plethera of them, but I'm considering getting her a couple more b/c she really does play with all of them. They are all nekkie right now b/c she is going through the stage where they all have to be that way. She does dress them up every now and again, but mostly they are bare bottomed. ;) She loves to dance, especially if she has a Prince. That used to be me, Daddy or Granny, but now it is usually Taylor and he loves it! She took gymnastics at the community center for the spring and summer sessions but has now decided she wants to be a "weenut" (ballerina) so she is taking ballet starting at the end of the month. I can't wait to see her learn some cute little moves! She really enjoyed gymnastics but I told her she had to choose which she wanted to take b/c I didn't want to overschedule her. I think she will really enjoy it, even if it's just b/c she gets to wear tights and ballet shoes. :)

Taylor is my busy, busy, busy boy. He has been moving from inception I'm pretty sure. I had to have 2 NSTs (non-stress tests) done every week for my last trimester with him and I would be strapped to that machine FOREVER b/c he would move all over the place and they couldn't get good readings. I was supposed to be there for 30 min. or so and I would almost always end up being hooked up for a good hour. Crazy kid! After he was born, he only moved more since he had some freedom. ;) He started rolling over at 4 months, crawling at 8 months and walking at 12 months. He's 16 months now and he is running all over the place. It is amazing how much babies change and grow in that first 2 years! Kami didn't do all those physical things until several months later, so I wasn't really prepared for Taylor to be so active, I guess. Anyway, since he was so physically ahead of her I thought he would be slower in speech and other things like that. Um, not so much. He has a ton of word and is starting to make sentences. It is just amazing!! He loves to be outside (both of them do, actually) and he loves to swing. He is very into cars and dogs and all other animals, too. He loves his Mama, Daddy, Sister, Granny and Papa. He loves to laugh and be chased around. He also enjoys his "naks" or snacks. He hates sleep and having his hair washed and the blender, but other than that I can't think of anything he really doesn't like. He has started saying, "Awww, man!" because I say it all the time, I guess. I didn't realize how much until he started saying it. :) I used to say, "Crap!" a lot, but when Kami started saying it I realized that I had to stop that and quickly!!! Anyway, it's really funny to hear this tiny little voice from the other room say, "Awww, man."

Did I mention I love my kids? :-D

2 comments:

Denae said...

Sweet post!

mandal said...

That is so sweet! I love how kids can make us so happy with just a simple hug and an I love you!