Thursday, September 11, 2008

Politics and the rain

Why is it that the arguments made against Sarah Palin's nomination are things like, "She doesn't represent women well. She is an insult to women, etc." Maybe she is an insult to liberal women, but it doesn't mean she is an insult to me. What I know of her, I like her. I like that she is conservative and has an opinion about things. I don't agree with her on everything, but then again, I don't agree with my own husband or my parents on every issue, either. I'm not asking anyone to repond really, I just needed to vent. I'm tired of being referred to as an idiot b/c I am a conservative woman who backs Sarah Palin!

Ok, on to other things. I need the rain to stop by Saturday. Please pray that it does. For one thing, we were in Dallas for the first TTU game of the season and I am really wanting to go to the game and not sit in the rain. But that's not the real reason I need the rain to end. The Garden and Arts Festival is on Saturday and my friend, Alisha, and I have a booth there. We have spent a lot of time getting ready for this and I know the other vendors will have done that as well. If it is raining as hard as it is now, NO ONE is going to be out there to shop. Or if they are, I might not want to sell my bows to those crazy people! ;) So pray that the rain lets up by Saturday!

3 comments:

Denae said...

oooh...I want to come see you at the festival! I don't think I need any bows...but I haven't been to that in years and I used to love it.

Christi said...

1. Looks like the rain has stopped, I will come see you, it is just around the corner!

2. I am a "Independent" At first I was unsure about Sarah Palin but the more I have learned about her, and listened to her. I like her. I think her and John McCain are going to do this country proud.

3. No more Rain, I am way too excited about the game too!

mandal said...

So I want to see pictures of what you made for the craft fair. And...I love Sarah Palin!!