Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kami's project

Why do parents feel the need to do their children's homework for them? Especially when they are 3?? We got this assignment to do over the weekend for Kami's school about families. I let Kami do the project since it was HER class and HER school. When I got to school this morning I saw a mom with COMPUTER GENERATED graphics and pictures! WHAT??? Then I get into Kami's classroom and I'm putting her lunch and backpack in her little locker and I see another project that a mom had obviously done and it was one of Kami's teachers!! What is wrong with letting our children be creative and doing their own work? What kind of pattern are you setting if you will already do your children's work in preschool? I guess I'm irritated b/c I am trying to raise my children to be independent adults and there are tiny steps along the way, such as doing work on their own, that I believe will lead to that goal. I could probably go on and on and on, but I'll stop now.

Anyway....
I went to Hobby Lobby after I dropped Kami off and I could spend hours and hours there just wandering around. *sigh* I picked up some huge vase thing and some greenery to go in my China hutch. It was all 50% off. I LOVE 50% off. :D And I ran into Jamie while I was there! It was good to see you, girl! Hope you got all your running around done!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

It was great seeing you!! Taylor is so cute... and I didn't ask about his ears while we visited. I'm so sorry... Is he feeling ok? I got most of my errands finished yesterday, but I'll have to drag Abi with me on the last few today! Have a great day!

Christi said...

Jamie is everywhere, she is SUPER-MOM!!!

yeah, I know what you mean about parents doing projects for kids and my kids are in school. We have noticed this with Gray for a few years now and it's irritating. THIS is there project not a "lets see which parent can out do the other" yea, it's frustrating.

mandal said...

We see Jamie all the time!! And yea, the project thing. Been there! Averi just he did it all herself!!

Denae said...

These comments about Jamie are cracking me up! I run into her all the time too...she must never go home. Or she has some kind of super power where she can be multiple places at once. OR she is stalking all of us. hahahah.