Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Whew! I survived Monday!

I was a very busy girl yesterday and have been today, too. It feels good, though. I feel accomplished, or something. ;) Yesterday I finished everything on my To-Do List. I finished almost all of the laundry and have one load of towels left to do. Seeing as how I started with 10 or 11 loads of laundry, I can take that. I didn't do laundry for two weeks. (hanging my head in shame) I started dinner right after lunch and even with a few hiccups (steaks didn't finish cooking in the oven as fast as I thought they would, and the milk had soured so I made fried potatoes instead of mashed) I got my family fed. Well, most of the the family. Taylor was being a punk last night, so he didn't eat. His choice, not a punishment, by the way. I made lunches, I read, I walked, and I crashed. LOL! I was tired by the end of the night!

Today I have taken the kids to their respective schools, gone to Walgreen's, CVS, Target and United. I still have to put most of the groceries away, but at least they are in the house. ;) I have to share my good deals!!

Walgreen's: I bought a Lysol no-touch soap dispenser starter kit that was on sale, used a $3 coupon and got $7 back in Register Rewards. So the next time I shop at Walgreens, I will have paid $.99 (plus tax) for that dispenser! How cool is that?? And milk was on sale there for $2.99 a gallon.

CVS: I had a $1.00 off 2 Ziploc sandwich bags and they were on sale for 2/$5 with $1 back in Extra Bucks. Oh, and I got $.50 in Extra Bucks when I scanned my card there. The boxes of 100 each had 20 extra bags, so they were 120 count. They next time I go and use my EB will have ended up getting 240 Ziploc sandwich bags for $2.79 (including tax)!

Target: Yeah, so I ALWAYS buy more than I need at Target. It's a sickness. LOL! I went there for yogurt and spent $40 something on other random stuff. I checked the Dollar Spot because I have no will-power when it comes to the Dollar Spot. I found some cute silicon heart ice cube trays or candy molds or whatever they are. I am going to use them to make crayons for my kids to give away at Valentine's Day. Then I did get the yogurt that was 10 for $5. I had a coupon for some amount off of 6, but I decided to save it for a time when yogurt wasn't on sale.... Or at least that is what I told myself in the check-out line when I realized I left my coupon in the car. :D Oh, I got Bubba a Batman backpack for less than $12. He has a man-sized backpack that he can barely carry and I don't want to spend $40 on a new backpack for grad school, so he gets a Batman one and I get his. Pens were another random thing I bought. I was going to go to Staples since they are having a BOGO free sale on pens, but the thought of going to one more store made me want to cry, so I just picked some up at Target. I almost forgot!! I got Annie's Cheddar Bunnies for $1.99! They are usually $3.99 at United so I was totally pumped! I also got some other random snacks and then decided I had better get the heck out of there!!!!

United: Hmmm. I just got boring stuff at United. The only really good deal I got was on Lunchables. My kids love those things even though I think they are kind of gross. So every once in a while they each get to take one to school. I don't even know how much they usually cost because I buy them regardless, but they were on sale for 2 for $5. So a lunch of turkey, cheese, bread (Taylor will only eat the kind with bread, not the kind with crackers), applesauce, Nilla wafers and a little bottle of water for $2.50 is ok in my book!

Before I pick up the kids, I want to get my Bible read and write in my journal and take a bubble bath and eat bon bons. Ok so those last two are not gonna happen, but the other things will. I think I will wrap up in a warm blanket (because it is C-O-L-D, cold today!!) and make some coffee and read my Bible (though, perhaps I should make coffee before wrapping up in a blanket or there might be a big mess to clean up). Sounds like the perfect afternoon activity!

Let me just leave you with this picture of happiness:
A large Sonic cup filled with Dr. Pepper. *sigh*

No comments: