Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday is Laundry Day, or not

First, my 365 pic:

Chicken spaghetti leftovers. YUM!

Here is the recipe, if you are interested:

Chicken Spaghetti

12 oz spaghetti
2T unsalted butter
1/4 cup minced onion
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small carton of sour cream
1/c cup water
1/4 cup chopped black olives
1 13 oz can chicken*
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Saute garlic and onion in butter. Add remaining ingredients. Heat thoroughly. Add to drained spaghetti and mix well. Pour into greased 9x13 dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let set 10-15 min before serving.

*I used my Good Grips chopper to mince the onion, garlic and chop the olives. Since I already had it out, I chopped up the chicken a little more, too. I liked it much better this way!

We had salad, and cresent rolls with the spaghetti. It was a great meal! I was very proud of myself. ;) For desert I am having a cup of decaf coffee with fat free Vanilla Caramel creamer. MMMMMM.

I kept to my goals today. Yay for me! I also went to the grocery store without my kids today. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love having my parents nearby. Not only because they are close and we can see them all the time, but my mom is freakin' amazing and watches them while I make Wal-Mart and grocery runs! I can get out of the store so much faster without answering 3,000 questions from Taylor about things that have nothing to do with anything at the grocery store. You would think that the boy is never around me so finds that the only time he can ask these all important questions are while I am trying to figure out which if the bread that is cheaper and tastes better is really worth it because it has three grams less of fiber. And Kami complains the entire time she is at any store because she is too big to sit in the front seat of the basket but really still too little to walk Wal-Mart or Market Street. So it is such a treat to not have to take either one of them with me to the store! Does that make me a bad mother? Hmm. Point to ponder.

I was going to do laundry, but got lazy and didn't do it. I didn't do laundry until the latter part of the week last week, so I am really not due to do laundry again yet, but Monday is Laundry Day. I guess Wednesday will be Laundry Day this week because Kami and I are having a girl's day tomorrow while Taylor is in school.

I hope your Monday was productive and bearable. ;)

No comments: