Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Project

I bought Kami the Hayley bedding from Pottery Barn Kids and obviously dropped a small fortune on it. So I'm trying to decorate the rest of her room on the cheap. I found some coordinating fabrics in a fat quarter bundle from The Ribbon Retreat so I am attempting to make a knock-off, er..., replicate the smaller of these two owls.

My friend Julie, of Sew Julie, gave me a tutorial over coffee one day. So this morning while the kids were building Eiffel Tower replicas with alphabet blocks, I decided to make a pattern and cut out my pieces. I used a Sun Harvest paper bag, in case you were wondering. LOL!

This is the back.

This is the top front.


Bottom front.

And the wings.

I have them all cut out now, but I don't have a sewing machine, so they will have to wait for another day. I was going to go to my parent's house to use my mom's machine, but there is noooooooo way I am getting out of the house today. Too cold!!!! I'll definitely post pics when I get it done, though!