Sunday, February 20, 2011

Grad school here I come

So I finally made the final decision that I am going to go ahead and go to graduate school. I think that all the struggles that my family will face will be worth it. I know that it will be hard but I think that it is something that I am meant to do. I feel led and I finally have a peace about my decision. I have asked God to put up roadblocks if this is not supposed to happen and instead I have a peacefulnfeeling and the path seems to be cleared. So I'm going.

Kami finally lost that front tooth that has been HANGING out of the front of her mouth for the last week. It was really gross and I am so glad it is out. I think the other one is loose now. She looks a little too old with that tooth out!! Please pray for my relationship with her. I am really struggling with her and how to discipline her appropriately. Her drama is just too much for me to handle. It is a constant struggle and I feel like I am fighting a losing battle on a daily basis. I am going to read The Five Love Languages of Children because it was recommended by a good friend. If you have anything else to suggest, I am all ears!

Tomorrow I am going to hopefully finalize the curriculum I have been working on for the past year. Tim is off for President's Day so he and Taylor will get some time together and I can go work at the church building. As bad as this sounds, it will be a relief to be finished with this. I have enjoyed teaching, but I am completely burnt out. And writing lesson plans is just difficult work! It will also be satisfying to see it all out in print and in notebooks. Hopefully it will be useful for other teachers as well.

I am not exactly sure whqt we rare doing for dinner this week. I still need to talk to the kids and see what the want to choose for their days. I do know that we are having balsamic chicken, friend potatoes and roasted broccoli for tomorrow night. I will post a meal plan tomorrow.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Have you read Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood? I've found that to be very helpful in dealing with my kids.