Monday, June 29, 2009

Swinging and Sliding

I know that the light is in the wrong spot for these pictures, but sometimes you don't get a choice about those things. These were taken with 50 mm lens, ISO 100, f/stop 4.0 and exposure 1/400 sec.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



These last two are my favorites:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's how they look after some editing in PSP (Paint Shop Pro):
Photobucket

Photobucket


And in black and white:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Some things I learned from last time I took picture of the kids playing outside:
1. I needed a faster exposure speed to catch the action.
2. I needed to use a smaller f/stop (which actually lets in more light, if I understand that correctly) so that I could get the depth of field more to my liking. Or at least that's what I think happened. LOL! I'm still learning!
3. I needed to get down closer to the action, so eye level with the kids.

I am not sure the exposure is necessarily better in all of these b/c of the position of the sun, but I do think the composition is better. Opinions?

3 comments:

Christi said...

Great pictures! Maybe I should take the time to "learn" my camera instead of just using the "auto" button.

Norah said...

I love the pictures! Your kids are so cute. I should really learn how to use the camera.

mandal said...

Very Good! Love them :)