Friday, June 19, 2009

How do you cope?

I'm having a rough mommy day today. Truth be told, most days are hard mommy days for me right now, but that's a whole other post. My coping mechanism is food, which is why I am 40 lbs overweight. I get upset, I go to the pantry. I get really angry, I go to the pantry. I get my feelings hurt, I go to the pantry. Well, you get the idea. Today my vice were these:


About half way through my 3rd or 4th chip, I realized I didn't want those and was going to feel sick if I kept eating. Normally I would have just kept eating b/c I would rather feel sick from eating too much than deal with what was upsetting me. My very wise and wonderful cousin Kristina told me I need to journal or blog to get me through the rough spots of life. She's right, I do. So all 3 of you that read my blog will be seeing a lot more of me, I think. Tomorrow I might even blog about what's bothering me instead of just sweeping it under the rug. Today, though, I still have my broom for sweeping. I think will go do my walking DVD. Maybe I'll feel better after that. At least I will have accomplished more than just sitting on my hind end feeling sorry for myself!

3 comments:

Christi said...

I would highly recommend that you get a journal- that way you don't feel like you have to publicly put everything out there. I write in my journal EVERYDAY. Somethings make my blog, most of times things don't. It's a great outlet. (((hugs))) Being a Mommy is tough but we are here! I think we need a mommy time-out from time to time to re-group and re-fresh. ((((hugs)))

Norah said...

Angela- I am pretty sure you are the Angela from the BBB a few years ago. I do believe you are the person who drew my name during a secret friend thing that was going on. I had twins just a month after Cami was born. I also had an older son. If I am totally off base here let me know but I think maybe your username was amazz?

amazz said...

Norah! Oh my goodness!!! How are you, friend?!! Please email me or catch me on Facebook and we will catch up!