Tuesday, January 20, 2009

There are always repercussions

I had to make a decision about a group I was in and thought I was making the right one. I agonized over it and knew there would be some fallout, but it has been much worse than I expected. I pulled away from the group and now I feel like I've lost my best friends. I honestly thought they would be relieved as the group didn't seem to be a priority in their lives anymore. I made the decision to leave because the group wasn't working anymore and I don't have the personal strength to make it work. I have some issues that I won't discuss here b/c they involved other people that would be devestated if I did, but I was made to feel as if I am letting everyone down and that I am no longer a Christian. That's a pretty hard slap in the face. I have cried about this stuff for 3 days now and I can't keep going on like this. I am lonely and hurt and the people I need the most have turned their backs, or at least that's how it seems right now. I feel like no matter what decision I made would have been the wrong one. Maybe I should have just kept up the charade that everything was fine and dandy, I don't know.

If you are reading this, please say a prayer that my heart can be healed and that my friends will open their hearts up to me again.

5 comments:

Denae said...

I'm so sorry. I'm sure that time will make it better. I hope everything works out sooner rather than later though.

Christi said...

I'm so sorry. I really hope in time that things work out and those involved open their eyes and realize why you made the decision. (((hugs))))

mandal said...

Amen to Denae and Christi's comments. Isn't funny how no matter old we get, some things never change??

amazz said...

I got 3 phone calls today from friends telling me that they love me so your prayers have been helpful and your support has meant so much!! :hug:

Jamie said...

I'm just now reading your blog... Please know I am praying for you. Things will work out... You are a fantastic person, brilliant mom and a wonderful Christian example. :) Always remember that!