Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm so far behind, I think I'm first!

My mom used to have a coffee mug with that saying on it and that's about how I feel these days. :D It's all good, though.

So let's see, when last I left this wonderful blog, I was in the middle of getting ready for Kami's party and for Race for the Cure. As you can see from the slideshow, I did indeed run it. ;) I thought about coping out right before the race, but decided to go ahead and stick it out. I'm really glad I did and I only had to walk for a few minutes toward the latter half of the 5K. I finished in 46 min. which is well off the 30 min that was my goal, but so much happened in August and September that I didn't make training a priority. I have set a goal to push both the kids for the 5K next year, so that should be interesting. They weigh a total of about 55 lbs right now so I might be pushing 65 lbs plus the stroller next year! That should be a workout!

Anyway, Kami's party was a success. She had 4 friends come over and if you are on Facebook, you have probably already seen the pics. If not, this should let you see the pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6734&l=ed5d9&id=1353737597

This weekend, I'll be at the Wolforth craft show. Not sure what the real name of it is, but it's in Wolforth and it's this Saturday. :D To throw a wrench in things, Tim is leaving on Friday morning to head down to College Station for the game on Saturday. But my sweet friend, Dena, volunteered to take my kids for the day. She's the greatest and my kids love her so I know they will have a blast. Hopefully they will be nice for her, too!

My kids are screaming at each other and since Kami bit Taylor this morning when she got angry with him, I better go referee. I'll come back another time. ;)

1 comment:

Christi said...

The party pic's were very cute, you did a good job, mama! I am SO impressed with the cake!