Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The big 3-0!

So I'm 30. :) To be honest, I'm not hung up on age at all so it's not a big deal to me, but I do think beginning a new decade is a good time for reflection.

God has truly blessed me with so many things. First of all, I met Tim over 11 years ago. I was so lucky to have found the person I wanted to spend my life with (and who wanted to spend his life with me!) when I was so young. Sure we've had some growing pains, but we have grown through our 20's together and we are stronger for it. I am 30 and I have two kids. WOW! In this day and age that is pretty rare. If things had gone the way *I* had planned them, I would have had them 5 years earlier, but God (and Tim) knew better. :) My parents are another blessing that I can't imagine my life without. My mom and I talk on the phone everyday, sometimes 3 or 4 times if I'm working on something I need her help with. I can't wait until they actually move down here! They love my kids so much and my kids love them beyond words. It is such a wonderful thing to get to see them interact. I love it!

Another blessing are my friends. My church family is amazing and I can't imagine worshipping anywhere else than at Kings Ridge. Lara, I know you are reading this b/c you follow my blog ;) so I'll call you out. I probably never would have gotten to know you and come to love you and your family if it weren't for Kings Ridge. The community we have there with our young families group is incredible and I wouldn't trade it! Also, reconnecting with my friends from college in the last few months has been wonderful. I am so happy when someone updates a blog (Jamie, did you start yours yet?????) b/c I get a little peek into their lives and it makes me smile. Christi, girl, you inspire me day after day and I can't wait to get my hands on that book of yours!

Having all the material things in my life is just icing. To be in our second home and be able to have two cars that are paid off and be able to buy all the things we need and most of what we want are incredible blessings! I even have a little business that seems to be growing more than I ever expected. I started out making bows for Kami and now I sell bows and clips and streamers all over Lubbock. Pretty crazy! (I might as well post my gallery in case anyone is interested, hahahahha: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=18ojw89a.3w6vqlne&x=0&y=-itvcjh&localeid=en_US .

Anyway, as you can see, I'm a blessed woman! I have no idea what the next 30 years will bring but if I have will be as lucky as I was in this 30, I'll be golden.

1 comment:

Christi said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Thanks for the shout out, I have enjoyed reconnecting more than you now. You have been such a blessing and i treasure your friendship. love ya.