Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sickness and other stuff

Ok, before I get to talking about the sickness, can I just say, GO RED RAIDERS!!!! They did awesome last week and I hope we can hold on and beat those OSU Cowboys tonight! RAIDER....POWER!! Thanks for taking this picture, Christi!
Photobucket

Sooooo, this has got to be the worst fall we have had as a family as far as sickness goes. I can not keep my family well! Taylor finally started feeling better and Kami started feeling better and then Tuesday morning at about 4 a.m. Kami started throwing up. At 6 a.m. I started throwing up and at 8 a.m. Taylor threw up. ARGH!! Fortunately for Taylor that was about all it was for him, but now he has a cold. Seriously. When is this kid going to get a break?! And poor Kami, she threw up every 30 min for 5 hours. She was feeling better on Wednesday but still wouldn't eat so when she woke up on Thursday she had reflux, ate too fast, and threw up again so I couldn't really send her to school. She cried and cried and cried b/c she missed her friends and her teachers. I threw up for 10 hours plus had other fun stuff to deal with in the bathroom. YAY! Or not so much. I was so out of it. Today is the first day I have felt really good and was so looking forward to going to the Tech game tonight. BUT....

Tim is laying in bed sick. *sigh* I could go without him I guess, but I really, really don't want to. He's hoping he just has what Taylor had and gets over it very quickly. I guess we will know soon.

I also have to say that I have the best mom in the whole world. She dropped everything for us and came as soon as I called her even though she lives 4 hours away and has a life of her own. It was a life saver having her here! I love you, Mama!!!

Last night we had Bible study and it was amazing, as always. I am always so comforted and uplifted by studying God's Word with my friends. We have been studying I Corinthians and while I'm sure I have read I Corinthians more than once, I can honestly say I have never done a study of it and have missed out on so many important lessons. Some of what we talked about last night was about how we have a responsibility to be a good influence, but also to help keep others from sinning by our actions. Also, in chapter 9, Paul talks about supporting those who preach the gospel and it sparked a very interesting discussion about gratitude and how to teach our children gratitude in our society. It has made me rethink my Christmas lists, that's for sure! There are much better ways that our money can be put to use for God than by buying our kids more presents than they can ever enjoy. Another thing that we touched on was in chapter 10 when Paul talks about how God won't allow us to be tempted more than we can bear and that He will always offer a way out of temptation. It made me realize that I don't always look for my escape hatch when I'm being tempted. Sometimes I like to wallow in the temptation and ask why I'm being punished and why I'm not getting my way. Sounds like a bratty kid to me!! So I'm going to try to do better at looking for my way out instead of complaining so much about the temptation.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a wonderful week! And WRECK 'EM TECH!!

No comments: