Thursday, February 26, 2009

Propped up on the Bible

I've been sad this week b/c my aunt passed away on Monday. She was my great-aunt, but was very much like a grandma to me. I loved her very much and I think I could have handled her death better if it had been a heart attack or car accident, but my family had to watch her fade away from a very rare brain disease. I know that she is in heaven. Have absolutely no doubt about it and that is a comfort of some sort b/c she isn't here to suffer this life any more. But the world was a better place with her in it. I did get to say good-bye to her, though she wasn't aware of it. She was already pretty much in a coma.

She had to have 24-hr care for the last month and someone was thoughtful enough to use a wipes warmer for the wipees they used to clean her. It made me smile to see the wipes warmer propped up on a Bible b/c I think that was a symbol for her life...everything was propped up on the Bible. I really wish I taken a picture of it but regardless that image will be burned into my brain for a very long time. I really hope that when my time comes to leave this world that the legacy I leave behind will be at least a little like my Aunt Marlene's.

Since I decided not to host a Bible study in my home for various reasons, I haven't done a lot of studying. I'm not bragging about that, so please don't take it that way. I just need to admit it, I guess, so I can face the fact and get back to my roots and my foundation. Right now I'm trying to prop my life up on the ideas and beliefs of the world and man when I should be propping my life up on the Bible. I think I will start a study of II Cor. as the last book I did an intensive study of was I Cor. That makes sense, right? Anyway, I don't think it matters so much what book of the Bible I choose to study b/c there is so much to learn from all of God's Word. If you have a favorite book of the Bible to study I would love to hear about it and why you love it!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I am sorry about your aunt but I am really glad you shared your happy memories of her when we had coffee. (((hugs)))