Thursday, March 31, 2011

Feeling Blue

Do you ever have those days when you feel like every one around you is better than you? or feel like everything you say is being discounted by those around you? that nothing you do is the right thing? that all you want to do is bury yourself under the covers and cry? Yeah. Me, too. Today. I'm tired and worn out and would like nothing better than to just pause my life so I can catch up. But I'm the mom of two very demanding children and a wife and a student (sort of) and life doesn't have a pause button. So I'm sitting at my computer in between planning our summer schedules and making a grocery list and meal plan and doing laundry, crying because I don't know what else to do. Am I the only one that ever feels like this?

2 comments:

S & L said...

No! You're not alone! I have LOTS of days like this. Sorry it's rough. Things will climb back up soon. They always do.

Lisa said...

David had a lot of these days. It's why the Psalms are so comforting. You can read one and think, "This guy totally gets me." And then you remember they're Inspired and you realize, "God totally gets me." We all have our kingdoms to run in our own way, be it households or classrooms or a pet. Sometimes it's good to run away for awhile and recharge, and when that's not practical there's nothing like a good cry. May the Lord let you feel His presence most on those days.